Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Eli's First Haircut

Getting the cut

Side View

Posing with Daddy after his bath.

He likes his new doo!
After much debate in the Wyatt household, I finally talked Geoffrey into allowing me to cut Elijah's hair. We originally wanted to wait until his second birthday, but after realizing how fast and thick his hair was growing I decided I couldn't wait any longer.

There was another reason why I couldn't wait until his 2nd birthday. It wasn't so much that strangers asked how old our "little princess" was or that his curls were longer than his beloved Genevieve's. No, it was his daily ritual of rubbing unwanted food into his hair at meal times. I don't believe a haircut will prevent the little protester from rubbing his food into his hair. But, at least I won't spend 15 minutes trying to get it out only to have to stick the kiddo into the bathtub for a quick rinse.

Eli did pretty well for his first haircut. At first, he just gently tipped his head away from me, which actually helped me get to his hair better. After trimming with scissors in order to save some precious locks, we moved onto using clippers. This is where it started to go down hill. He either didn't like the sound or he didn't like the feeling of the clippers on his head...or both. Needless to say there were some tears, but pretty in genuine.

Anyways, enjoy the pictures!

4 comments:

Papa John said...

What can I say? I'm proud of all three of you. Next time should be easier for everyone. From what I san tell, this looks like a great first cut. Maybe I'll let you practice on me come Christmastime. In any case, your "fee" for Eli's cut will be on the way soon, OK?

Roni said...

Awwww...good job mommy! He's just as precious with cut "locks" as he was with his curls....

Rachel said...

He is growing up so fast. And the new haircut really makes him look grown up. It goes with his recent tries at running!

Bill and Amanda said...

Wow! I can't believe you got the clippers out for him already. You did a really good job. I might send Bill your way next week! You know what I say about haircuts and boys: when a little boy gets his hair cut he looks like a man, and when a man gets his hair cut he looks like a little boy. And Eli is not the exception - he looks like a little man!