Wednesday, April 14, 2010

God Gives Us What We Need

Sometimes it is difficult to find the words to express what is on our heart to the Lord. Lately, this has been the case for me. I want to pray, but I stumble over the words. I have something to share with God, but I get distracted by other things happening in my life. I feel sad, lonely, or overwhelmed, although there doesn't seem to be a reason.

This Sunday morning a dear friend shared a prayer with our congregation that put the feelings in my heart into words. It happened in a big way. It felt like God was shouting through a megaphone to me saying, "wake up girl! You are a fighting a battle here on Earth and Satan tells you lies! He is whom you battle with, not other people. But don't forget, we win in the end!"

Many Christian friends have said that walking in and with Christ is like riding a roller coaster...there are hills, there are steep drop offs, sometimes we are up and sometimes we are down. In my time of weakness I turned to God and He answered. I know I am not perfect and that I will continue to fail, but I can do anything through Him and I can get through any situation with God by my side.

So when you don't know what to pray about remember this scripture:

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.--Romans 8:26

5 comments:

Roni said...

Amen!! Thank you for sharing and as always, you're in my prayers my lovely daughter.

Lela Paden said...

Thank you dear friend for sharing from your heart. I wish I were there on Sunday morning to be a good shoulder for you. I am looking forward to seeing you tonight. Love You my friend. :-)

Papa John said...

I suspect some of us will think you have been reading our secret diaries, or at least discerning our most private thoughts and fears.

We are all spiritually hungry, Dana.

Your discovery reveals a good reason to develop and follow a personal discipline that achieves a regular, purposful, and challenging habit of reading God's word, praying, and serving daily/frequently for these are the ways in which the soul and spirit are truly nourished.

David said...

True. True. So true. Thank you Dana for sharing wisdom and insight. Like you, I've experienced that roller coaster effect just this week. Sometimes the lows are so low that, as you say, it's hard to put into words. Thank you for sharing and reiterating Romans 8:26. Hugs!

Bill and Amanda said...

As I was reading your blog post, I was thinking of that exact scripture. Thank you for your post. You're always in my prayers. I love you!!!