Monday, October 18, 2010

"Don't make me pull this car over!"

Yes, I can...Yes, I did.

For the first time in my life I said the words I heard so often as a child (to my brother, never to me! Yeah, right!), "Don't make me pull this car over!" I don't know if Eli understood what I was saying, but he certainly understood my expression. And for one car trip, he didn't un-do his seat belt.

This just may be the first of many phrases I never thought I'd say to my child.

Oh well, I turned out okay, right!?!

4 comments:

Roni said...

lol...yes my dear daughter, you have turned out just right! We all think we won't say or do what our parents did, but one day, reality sets in... :)

Papa John said...

Life is all about coping with Consequences,and that's the Truth. At first we receive them, but later we must deliver them. It's one of the responsibilities (priveleges?) of parenthood. Same coin; different sides. And yes!, Dana, you turned out super! (Thanks, Roni.)

betty said...

"This hurts me worse than it hurts you."
"There are starving people in China that would give anything to have any food to eat so eat your vegetables."
"If you don't get your room cleaned before your birthday, you do not get to have a birthday this year. And it is very hard to make up a missed birthday!"
Here's a couple more you might want to use. If you need any more, just let me know.

David said...

RIGHT!!!