Saturday, October 2, 2010

Trusting God

It's hard seeing someone you love in pain.

This week has been full of pain and trials. The boys are sick, Geoffrey and I are exhausted, and my Grandma is still in ICU. My thoughts are filled with prayers to God for healing, for strength, and for understanding.

Today I am home, missing an event that I have been looking forward to for so long, so I can care for Lucas. Life can interfere with our plans, but I must cling to my trust in God that he has a purpose for each of us.

Please God, give us peace, give us healing, and give us strength.



Philippians 4:4-7

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

3 comments:

betty said...

I pray that "This,too, shall pass" and "The Lord will make His face to shine upon you." You are too dear to us to be in misery.

Roni said...

I love you all

Papa John said...

Always remember that God is entirely good. Furthermore, He uses all things together for good for those who are called according to His purpose. Something good will come out of Grandma Anne's illness, whether for her, for family, or for God's own glory. Count on it. Meanwhile, let your prayers be uplifting and confident and constant. Fervency counts! But also pray with hope and joy! Let your faith and example be instructive to others around you. I love you don't want you to be discouraged, even in this situation.