Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Baby #2 Update :)

We had our first official prenatal visit this morning. Things look to be on track and for those of you that have been betting, there is only 1 baby in there! The baby looked great and his/her heart was beating at 179 beats/minutes. We could see kicking and movements and the heart valves pumping. Ultrasounds are always very comforting to me and this was no exception. I praise God for the miracle of modern medicine and for a look inside my growing belly. Geoffrey and I need to venture to Bartlett on Friday for another ultrasound and, hopefully, a better view of the baby. In the picture below, the head is on the right and the body is bending left. The amniotic sac looked pretty large and open to me, but the Ob nurse said that it was normal! Yeah!
Official Due Date: June 13th, 2010
Countdown: 28 weeks, 4 days
Gestational Age: 11 weeks, 3 days
Trimester: 1st
Length: approximately 2 in, 0.5 oz.

What's happening with the baby?
This little one is forming hair follicles, fingernail and toenail beds, and lot's of growing!

What's happening with the momma?
Lots of nausea and mood swings!

3 comments:

Woodruffs said...

Oh, Dana! I haven't been keeping up on your blog and didn't know about baby #2! Congratulations to all of you! I'm sorry about the morning sickness, definitely not fun, but comes with the territory, I guess! I also wanted to say, I'm sorry about Eli's tooth accident! No fun to see your little guy hurting so much! Hopefully that other tooth will be just fine! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Papa John said...

Hey, Girl(s).

You're both beautiful!!

Lela Paden said...

Good Morning Friend- I left you an award on my blog so go check it out. Have a blessed day. :-)

Hey we need a baby update soon K